31 December 2011

Like Fish in a Barrel

After 250 something applications, the only company to actually want me was Allied Barton. Good thing I was able to refile for my D-License without having to take the whole class all over again. So while the job thing was getting started up I was able to find time for a weekend project. Yes, just one, but I'm happy to be able to do this stuff at all.

I had been playing a little bit of a beta test on the PS3, and that's where I got the idea for the weekend project. To make a sort of simple object over the course of several hours just to keep it plausible to work on what I love in the free time I have. The object was a small barrel of energy, so I took a few screen shots and began playing in Maya. All things considered I spent about 12 hours on this piece with all the distractions of the internet and my cell phone at home. Without those distractions I don't know how much time I would have spent on it. Here's how it turned out, and good luck guessing what game inspired me to build this.


I actually had a lot of fun with this barrel, and ended up adding it to my "top secret" project which I'll show details on if I get time to work on it. It's a rather large project so I doubt I'll be able to get very far with it. One thing at a time though right?

No comments:

Post a Comment